consumately teetering on the brink of mediocrity.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

waiting

they called today.
the job i *really* want.
i could feel y nerves in my throat.
this is it, i thought.
they've finally made a decision.
i tried to brace myself
just in case she began her sentence with
"unfortunately..."
i summoned my cheery white girl working voice
and she said...
"hey tabitha. how's it going... yada, yada, yada
ellen would like to meet with you again tomorrow."
me: "that's great! what time?"
her: " i know i said we'd have a decision by now, but she wants to meet you again tomorrow at 11:30."
me: "ok, no problem"

we hang up.

thi s has been going on for weeks.
this will be my fourth interview.
can't they just hire me already?
tomorrow, i'm going to make it known.
i'm the best candidate for this job.
hire me.
now what time would you like me to be here tomorrow?

yeah... good things come to those who wait they say....
so yeah, i'm waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home