consumately teetering on the brink of mediocrity.

Monday, August 02, 2004

so now wednesday is my last day here....

i'm starting to think they're going to round it off to a full week.
actually, i don't think that.
everyone else does.
i don't care either way.
i don't have a new job yet.
they know i'm looking
i just tell them i have an interview and i'll be late
they're so okay with that it's scary

i finally talked to my momma this weekend.
i told her
and the convesration went a little something like this
me: i have to go get sherman from the airport tonight
her: is he visiting?
me: no. he's here for good.
her: so are ya'll living together?
me: yeah.
her: i guess i have another child shacking up.
so what do my kids have against marriage?
me: name one that is good.
**crickets**
finally...
her: that's not the point. you make it good. set the example.
me: i don't think so. we seem to better at shacking.

the good thing about my momma is,
she's grown as a person a LOT since i left home.
i can talk to her about ANYTHING (save my stance on christianity)
and we'd be cool.
she hasn't passed any serious judgement on me in years.
truthfully, it went a LOT easier than i thought it would.
i mean, this woman knows about every man i've slept with.
she knows who broke my heart.
she knows the evil i wish upon people.
she knows what i'm afraid of.
and she knows what i'm made of.
i love her.

i find that it's much easier to make peace with your parents from a distance.
if she lived near me, i'd probably kill her.
we don't get along very well when we're in close proximity.
most of the time, it's my fault.
there's so much time has yet to heal.

this was a pretty big weekend.
friday i went out with a bunch of okaypees.
i met some of the cats from san diego
and don from the nati
tia and jasmine were in town too.
i get so excited whenever anyone from home is in town.
emil cut his hair.
i can't believe it.
emil with no facial hair and no fro?!
i *heart* him though.
always laid back and funny.
don is great too. he's very charismatic.

saturday.... well, u read about that.

sunday i took sherms to drea's art show.
he was kind of shy.
emil said i was a bad person b/c i didn't introduce him
for the record... i'm a social butterfly.
if i dont know you, i'll introduce myself.
i don't wait for introductions.
which means, i tend to not make them for others.
i'm clearly going to have to change that.

i was happy koku made an appearance b/c he livened up instantly.
he loves that woman.
actually, everyone probably loves that woman.
she's a great person and just all around loveable.
but for him, she's also familiar.
someone from home.
i am still hoping he doesn't have a really hard time adjusting.

oh, i almost forgot to tell u.
i woke this man up sunday morning to do pilates with me.
he *hates* pilates.
why?
that shit hurts.
he did it anyway.
then he said, lets go for a long walk.
of course, i'm always game to walk....
but this man walked me up the hollywood hills to damn near the pinnacle
over an hour straight up winding steep ass hills.
we just kept going up for as far as those roads would take us.
it was invigorating though.
my muscles feel grateful for the workout
but i can tell u that in some of those moments,
i wanted to kill him.
he has this thing about fixing my posture too.
at first i was annoyed...
but now i kind of appreciate it.
i'm always trying to work on that.
one of my greatest fears is having a hunchback.
i knew this woman from church growing up.
sister pickett.
she had the WORST hunchback ever
i used to have *really* bad posture.
my mom and sisters would always tell me to sit up
or else i'd end up like her.
TERROR
i think i picked it up when my breasts developed.
when i stand up properly,
i feel as if i'm trying to stick them out.
i mean.... they're kind of big.
i usually don't intentionally draw more attention to them....
i need to get over my complex.
if not for me, for the sake of my spine's future

um... my interview was this morning.
i thought it went really well.
i still need a job ya'll.
my resume is stellar.
holla if you know anoyone looking for a production coordinator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home