consumately teetering on the brink of mediocrity.

Monday, July 19, 2004

blogger sucks

it deleted my friday post without ever having published it....

so i'll just tell you that i worked saturday and sunday. i had a major shoot at a sound stage downtown. small crew and a LOT of work. actors, makeup, costumes, catering, wall building, prop moving, payment making, time watching.... and it still turned out really well. i came in with only 1 hour overtime at the stage and under in catering and incidentals so essentially, i rocked it. after the shoot, 3 of the people i worked with asked for my information to bring me in on other shows. this cat wants me to work this show he does for E! (i'm still kind of salty with them b/c their HR person made it seem as if i wasn't qualified to do this job. HA! i was made to lead men.) one of the actors told me he thinks "dreads are so sexy" then proceeded to wink at me several times throughout the day and asked to call me.... for work, yes. do call me. for play, i'm not interested.

i'm going to vegas in friday. initially i said i'd go b/c i won't make it to nyc for kita's birthday.... then i realized that i was broke and i would be better served by saving my money. finally kim made up my mind for me by asking if she could crash at my place after the delta convention. she's going to fly into la this week and we're driving to vegas on thurs. night/fri. morning. i'm staying the weekend and she's staying the full 5 days and taking a bus back.

sherms finally bought his ticket. i still can't believe that. so he'll be here in 12 days. i keep wondering what its like to live in close quaters with someone. i'm a little nervous but i feel like it will work itself out. he's going to be in serious culture shock. i imagine that he'll want to move out of la after the lease is up. the smog will kill him.

today i woke up in such a good mood. i washed the windows and screen in my bedroom, aired out the sheets. cleaned a bit and took a long shower. things are good in my life. even when i'm struggling.... i have $5 until payday and i'm happy. ecstatic even. the sun is shinig bright, bright bright.... and life is fine.

on: cultivaing working relationships. i have to always be mindful of this. when people approach me about working other shows, i need to follow up with them and be more attentive. i'm gonna run this town one day. no one knows that yet... but i am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home