consumately teetering on the brink of mediocrity.

Friday, July 09, 2004

on: the title

this morning i was told that the title isn't an actual reflections of who i am. let me explain. being mediocre is my fear in life. perhaps my biggest. i live everyday wondering if tomorrow i'll be terribly boring and realize that i've wasted a great deal of my life being sub-par. mediocrity is the nemesis to my alter-ego. my mind is perpetually contemplating whether or not i'm dangerously close to being mediocre. i wonder if i'm boring and average. so the title is an accurate reflection of my fear in action.

last night i got a ticket. actually, i got 2 tickets... for the same thing. the first time, i was pulled over on my way to a club. my registration had expired and i don't have plates on my front bumper. the registration is my fault. it expired before i got a job and i've been forgetting. i take full responsibility for it.... but no plates on the front bumper?! there is nowhere to put a plate. my bumper is not equipped with holes to hold a plate. the cop informs me that i'd have to have holes drilled into the front of my bumper to secure the plate. da fuck?! so i finally get to the club and park on the street. when i come out i have ANOTHER ticket for the registration and this time, there is a $25 fine on it. the ticket the cop gave me had no fines. it was a fix-it ticket. can you believe that?

tomorrow i'm going for my first colonic with my sister. i'm probably more excited than i should be.... in my head: YAY!!!!!! colon irrigation! i'm getting rid of toxins!!!

i should really get back to work....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home