consumately teetering on the brink of mediocrity.

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

today is a better day.

last night i got home and fanatically cleaned my kitchen. washing everything in sight has a remarkably calming effect on me. i started the night by venting to gene who subsequently fell asleep on the phone with me. i took that as a sign that none of yesterdays beef was worth my energy. when i was done with the kitchen, i lit lots of candles and incense and listened to "everyday enlightenment"

i ran my hustleflower ideas past stacia yesterday and she encouraged me to go for it. when i talked to gene, he made some grunting noise that told me he didn't think it was such a good idea. this morning sherman pretty much axed that idea. he's saying we can talk about it more when we both have time but nah, i'mma keep my ass in corporate america for a while. he's not feeling my sudden departure at all. this morning i told that to stacia and she pretty much agreed with him. i thought she was on my side?! she wasn't really... she was encouraging it to live vicariously through me. her *real* opinion: i'm already on a good path, i have to stick to it. sherman was the first person to actually say so: if you want to take this business over, do that. stop trying to be some boho queen and do what you came out there to do."

point taken.


i sent a few e-mails to folks letting them know that i'm free for other projects begining on monday. michael and i are supposed to talk tonight about coming aboard one of his projects. honestly, i really dig working with him. i just like his style and we work incredibly well together.... so i'm going to do both. i'll stick with this industry job and do my other shit after hours and on weekends.... at least for now.

the next project, i'm upping my rate. for the kind of hours i put in around here, i need to be making more. much more...

i need to do laundry. i haven't done any since moving into the new place nearly a month ago. i'm on my last pair of underwear. it's serious. there is NOTHING like being able to do laundry in house. when i lived in a house, i used to wash small loads every week. right now, almost everything i owne needs to see some Tide. tonight imma go to walmart and get quarters. it's serious ya'll. i may just hit a laundromat to do it all in one sitting. if i'd known my auntie had a washer/dryer, i damn sure would have brought my dirty clothes.

real food. i need to get back to eating it. last night i had a bowl of cherrios and sliced watermelon. that was dinner yall. and it's not like there's not food in there.... i just haven't cooked it. rai bought me a knife set and cooking utensils this weekend so i no longer have an excuse. today i've had a bowl of cheerios, a banana and i'm munchin on more of that watermelon.... tonight, i'm at least gonna make a veggie burger or some broccoli.... this rabbit shit has got to stop.

4 more days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home