consumately teetering on the brink of mediocrity.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

the gods of googgle

have shined their light upon me. this weekend i found the most amazing information about small businesses. i now have a template for a business plan and an abundance of resources at my fingertips to get started on something more concrete than the ideas in my head. on top of that, the man got me final draft (script writing software) and final cut (editing software). all i need now is a camera. that's another idea enirely... but i say that to say this... the resources are coming together. every week i meet someone who makes helps me put my various goals in perspective. this week it came by way of a soror the man met. he fixed some stuff on her computer and she and i hung out. she's a producer who also does real estate. i wasn't interested int he producing nearly as much as i was in the real estate hustle. she's got me seriously thinking abt enrolling in a class to get my license. mostly. i want to know how it all works so when i have money to invest, i know how to handle it.

the man also met this dope sister who is helping me get up on my ethiopian food game. she's lived all over including BOTh of our root cities. Utica, NY? what other person in california had been to utica? i got up with her and her fam today at the drum sessions in leimert. we're going to get together again later this week. it's funny... since i stepped out of my tv bubble, good people seem to be all around me. folks keep walking into my life with positive energy and ideas and it inspires me to be better. just their presence makes me wanna know and do more.

los angeles is starting to look better to me. i'm finding various communities and pockets of folks i can get down with. in the last three weeks i've gotten up with rastas, hebrew israelites, ethiopians and a bunch of other culturally minded folks. just today i spent some time talking with the sisters that come to the drumming on sundays. they were very beautiful women. community minded. i'm thinkng of doing a dinner party to get all these different folks together and see what happens. i think a lot of friendships or cool connections could be made. i have this idea and in my head, i see it's progression and growth b/c it's not about me. really, it's bigger than me. and it's coming. sooner than even i think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home